Become a UCR College Corps Fellow
UCR College Corps is looking for highly committed college students who are passionate about serving their community. If this is you, apply and join us.
Apply now to join the 2023-2024 cohort, limited spots are available!
To be eligible, you must be:
Ready to start at the anticipated start date: Fall Quarter 2023
Full-time, enrolled undergraduate student.
Must be and remain in good academic standing.
- Ability to commit to the program for the full academic year.
- Have a reliable mode of transportation.
- Some Food Insecurity sites will require personal transportation
- Education Focus Area only: show a current, negative TB test result.
- Must be a US Citizen, US National, legal permanent resident or AB-540 Dream Act Student.
Background check clearance is required for participation in the College Corps program. Because College Corps receives AmeriCorps funding, there are two offenses (sexual assault and/or murder) which will make candidates ineligible to participate in the program.
Eligible students should meet at least one of the following four criteria
- Qualify for a Federal Pell Grant
- Qualify for a State Cal Grant
- Qualify for a Middle Class Scholarship
- Needs to work part time and/or borrow student loans to meet educational costs.
Apply on UCR’s Handshake. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and Fall 2023 class schedule (if available). If applying as an AB-540 Eligible Dreamer, please note this in your resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should answer both of the following questions:
- What impact do you want to make in one of these focuses: education, climate action, or food insecurity? and,
- How will you prioritize or adjust your schedule to accommodate 15 hours per week at your site (not including commuting time) while maintaining good academic standing?
- Optional: Feel free to include any statement that indicates financial need (such as taking student loans, needing to work a part-time job, not having DACA status, etc.).